When we say "Content Writer", we mean more than just English and MS-Word.
We are looking for someone with an unbeatable power of expression, whose words can't go unnoticed,
and who knows what power the pen holds.
We write about all kinds of things, for all kinds of clients, and our own in-house tasks can also keep you busy.
But you can be sorted amidst all that hustle-bustle if you know how to play around with words.
- We will be easy with the numbers, if you be good with quality. Really, we believe all Editors come with tantrums, we'd much rather do without them.
- Researching may eat up some of your patience (or all of it), but it isn't very difficult with a steaming cuppa coffee. Believe us, we survive with it.
- We are happy people, because we are happy on Fridays, and happier on Mondays. The work is like that. We'd want you to be one of us.
Experience and Education Required:
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations or related communications field.
- 4-6 years of experience as a respected creative content writer with focus on writing Digital content.
- Work in digital marketing would be preferred but not mandatory.
- Proven editorial skills. Outstanding command of the English language.
- Training in how to tell a story using words and an understanding of how to create content that draws an audience (it is critical that the content writer retain an “outsider’s perspective” much like that of a journalist.)
SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
If you are handling our SEO tasks, you gotta be the one with an aggressive approach everywhere. Right from snatching a colleagues tiffin, to pouring endless sugar in coffee, to calling us 1 dozen times on days you want a chhutti...
Of course, with a job that requires you to drop the client's name on all noticeable spots, you have little left to choose from. Aggressive marketing it is!
Key Functional Areas of Responsibility:
- Perform keyword research in coordination with client business objectives to optimize existing content and uncover new opportunities.
- Provide SEO analysis and recommendations in coordination with elements and structure of websites and web pages.
- Provide recommendations and execute/manage strategies for content development in coordination with SEO goals – general and keyword specific.
- Help to create and support marketing content to socialize and use for social media purposes (e.g. customer videos briefs, customer case studies, blog posts, posts from analysts and customers).
- Develop and implement link building campaigns.
- Develop, manage and execute communication/content strategies via social communities in coordination with client goals.
- Implement and administer search engine programs (XML sitemaps, shopping feeds, webmaster tools).
- Monitor and evaluate search results and search performance across the major search channels in order to improve rankings.
- Research and administer social media tools in support of clients’ social media strategy.
- Monitor and evaluate web analytics dashboards and reports in order to develop and recommend SEO strategies.
- Communication to team and management on project development, timelines, and results.
- Communicating with publishers for Guest blogging.
Professional Skills & Qualifications:
- 5.6+ years experience in Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Strong understanding of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) process.
- Experience working with popular keyword tools (LRT, Majestic, AHREF, SEO MO2, Google AdSense etc.).
- Experience working with CMS and building/administering content in multiple CMS environments.
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS and website administration.
- High-level proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Experience with website analysis using a variety of analytics tools including Google Analytics as well as internal reporting tools.
- Knowledge of PPC programs and optimizing data gathered from both organic and paid sources.
Know what a pizza would taste like if the exotic topping were all tasty and fresh, the seasonings also had the right aroma, but the bread base was too hard to chew? Know the feel? It would disappoint you. So now you know what it means to have a good base!
So that's where our PHP Developers take over. They brings their skills to full use and ensure that each site works well, and that there is no scope of disappointment for a user. The pizza-example helped, we think!
Essential skills and experience:
- Come equipped with OOPS, CorePHP and MySQL, and we can pretend to have an intelligent well-meaning team discussions every week. You guys are usually quite entertaining.
- HTML5, CSS, Java and XML are other fields we look at. It is great to work with someone who saves time and headache for others, and uses that time and energy to chill with us.
- Once again, the same old request, bring your happy vibes along. We have a thing for smiles, happiness, and all things warm and bright!